Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This is What I Want

I want someone to tell me that my writing sucks, that I should hang it up and stop trying.

I want someone to put me out of my fucking misery.

I want that someone to confirm for me that my writing isn't going to get any better no matter how degrees I have, or seminars I take or pathetic articles and blog posts I write.

I want someone to agree with me that whatever cleverness or talent God bequeathed to me was tapped out a few years back and that any attempts to revive it are futile.

I want someone to tell me once and for all to stop deluding myself that I'm going to be a good writer.

Because once that is confirmed beyond the shadow of a doubt, I can finally and irrevocably

MOVE. THE. FUCK. ON.

It's really not too much to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment