Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ocho de Mayo

Yesterday afternoon at work, one of the guys from the mail room brought margaritas around to everyone's offices in celebration of Ocho de Mayo (the 8th of May). To my knowledge, it's not a real holiday, but since we've all been depressed by yet another round of layoffs, we really needed them.

In other news, I saw the new Star Trek movie and it kicked all kinds of ass - alien, human, everything in between. The casting is excellent, particularly Zachary Quinto as Spock and Chris Pine as Kirk. But you know what really made me happy: seeing Leonard Nimoy, not only because Spock has always been my favorite Star Trek character (hell, Spock is one of my all-time favorite TV characters), but cuz Leonard Nimoy is just awesome and kinda ruggedly handsome still. And extra props for Bruce Greenwood, who I've adored since I first saw him in the little known sci-fi show "Nowhere Man."

So yeah: margaritas and Star Trek - not a bad way to end the week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm far from being a Trekkie (I'm a Star Wars gal) but this looks good and I'm glad to hear it is! Maybe I can trick Vic into another date night! lol

    ReplyDelete