Friday, July 17, 2009

Latest Article and Catching Up for the Week

Here is my latest article for Consequence of Sound.

On the catch up front, I had a minor flip out today at Screenz, the local Internet cafe/fax & copy center. I had to fax something and was already feeling annoyed that I had to go somewhere and pay to do it. So I wasn't in the best mood when I got to the store. When I gave the clerk my debit card to pay for the 3 pages I was faxing, he told me that there was a $5 minimum for faxing. That's when I kind of lost it. I didn't yell at him, I just muttered that it was irritating that I was now going to have to leave the store, find an ATM, get money and come back. I stormed out of the store and cursed all the way to Walgreens. I was convinced that this $5-minimum rule was being invoked just to annoy the shit out of me. Which is ridiculous of course. But, as I said, I wasn't in the most rational mood. Also, I hate it when customer service people parrot dumb rules that inconvenience me, then stand there like blocks of wood while you try to reason with them.

In happier news, I saw the new Harry Potter movie today and I loved it. I realized it's been years since I finished reading the series, and I miss the characters and the story. Maybe it's time to revisit them - you know, when I'm done reading the 15 books on my "to-read" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment